Today’s recipe is our delicious, easy take on enchilada verde – in casserole form! This one tastes great fresh but also reheats well for the perfect leftovers (a must-have in the low-FODMAP world if you want to make life simpler).
The recipe below makes enough for about six people, so plan accordingly for your needs. Also keep in mind that some ingredients have daily FODMAP limits (i.e. cheese and corn tortilla chips) so be careful not to overdo when eating.
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- One small baking pan
- One 9×13 nonstick baking dish (spray with Pam cooking spray if the dish isn’t nonstick)
- One large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
Ingredients you’ll need:
- One package of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders (about three quarters of a pound total)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup lactose-free sour cream
- 1 bottle Fody Foods Green Enchilada Sauce
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, place your chicken tenders on the small baking pan and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the tenders in the oven to bake for about 14-16 minutes, until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- While the tenders are baking, cook your white rice according to the package directions if you haven’t already.
- After the rice and tenders are finished cooking, shred the tenders and place them in the large mixing bowl with the rice.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place the casserole mixture evenly into the 9×13 baking dish and lightly sprinkle with cilantro across the top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and slightly brown around the edges.
Then your meal is ready to serve and enjoy! We eat ours with a side of corn tortilla chips and Fody Foods Mild Salsa. Perfect for Tex-Mex night!