I have always been more of a “savory” eater, but my husband adores sweets…and you simply can’t have a holiday party without them!
Using both of our tastes as inspiration, I created this incredibly easy and even more tasty chocolate pretzel popcorn recipe. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and salty, and we both just love it! (This recipe can also easily be divided into individual goody bags or bowls for appropriate social distancing in 2020.)
Keep in mind that this recipe has several ingredients with daily FODMAP limits (i.e. dark chocolate and peanuts). Even though it would be easy to eat the whole bowl, keep your intake in mind as you eat. Think a few clusters…still plenty to enjoy! Also, this recipe will fill up a medium-large serving bowl, so plan accordingly for your crowd size.
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- A large baking sheet
- A small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 cups SkinnyPop Popcorn (or other plain popcorn of your preference)
- 2 cups Snyder’s Gluten Free Pretzels
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup (about 4 oz.) Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pour your popcorn, pretzels, and peanuts onto the large baking sheet and stir until well combined.
- Place most of your chocolate in the small mixing bowl. Melt the chocolate in the mixing bowl by placing it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, removing from the microwave and stirring at each 30-second interval until the chocolate has just melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn, pretzel, and peanut mixture and let sit until chocolate has fully hardened. This may take three-four hours, so I typically make it the night before and cover with aluminum foil to keep the popcorn from getting stale.
That’s all you have to do! This is a seriously foolproof treat that all your party guests will enjoy.
Stay tuned for more recipes in this year’s IBSTakesGuts holiday appetizer series!