The holiday season is upon us! That means you’ll likely need a good appetizer recipe soon. My goal in the coming weeks is to provide a series of solid, tasty low-FODMAP treats that are just right for party season.
Appetizers and party snacks have been one of the hardest tasks for me to conquer on the low-FODMAP diet in the last couple years. Part of that is because, personally, I find snacking on the low-FODMAP diet difficult to do; I find it a little harder to keep track of what and how much you are eating. That being said, it is definitely do-able…just make sure to keep track as best you can!
Today’s crab dip is inspired, yet again, by my love for all things seafood. This recipe will make enough for your average-sized dip bowl.
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- Measuring spoons
- A small mixing bowl
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 8 oz. lump crab meat (We get this kind at our local grocery store.)
- 3 tablespoons coconut mayonnaise (We use this brand…be careful if you select a different one, as most mayonnaise recipes contain high-FODMAP ingredients.)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in your small mixing bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.