For obvious reasons (see my diagnosis story), it’s been hard for me to transition back into eating Mexican/Tex-Mex food. I used to absolutely love it…but now…not so much. That being said, this taco salad recipe is just different enough in flavor that I can eat it without significant PTSD-related issues, and everyone else absolutely loves it! 🙂
This recipe makes enough for two to three people (so plan accordingly if you need more or less). It only takes about fifteen minutes total in prep time. Keep in mind that there are some foods in it that have daily FODMAP limits (corn chips, cheese, and tomato, I’m lookin’ at you!), so don’t get too indulgent and make yourself sick.
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- A medium-sized skillet
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Ingredients you’ll need:
- A package of ground turkey or chicken (You could also do ground beef, but I don’t because beef is one of my trigger foods.)
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons Fody Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 gluten-free tortilla/corn chips per serving (We typically use the Mission Gluten-Free Tortilla Strips, but Great Value has a gluten-free corn chip as well that is very good.)
- Baby spinach
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Fody Mild Salsa
- Fody Taco Sauce
- Fody Garden Herb Dressing
- In your skillet, heat the garlic oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey (or chicken!), breaking up and cooking until it is white instead of pink. Remove from heat and drain.
- Stir in the two tablespoons of Fody Taco Seasoning and water. Put the skillet back on medium heat and let simmer until most of the water is gone, stirring occasionally.
- On your dinner plate, place your twelve gluten-free tortilla/corn chips. I like to crunch mine into bite-size chunks so they spread out a little more between bites, but this is purely preference. Then add one to two handfuls of baby spinach per plate.
- Once the meat is finished simmering, sprinkle it evenly onto each plate. Top each plate with cheese, two to three spoonfuls of salsa, and a drizzle of taco sauce and Garden Herb dressing.
That’s it! Your new, easy-peasy low-FODMAP meal for Taco Tuesdays.
2 Replies to “Low-FODMAP Taco Salad”
Love this! I have to stick to a low FODMAP too, it’s so reassuring to see that others are in the same boat ✨