Who doesn’t love a good summertime grillin’ opportunity? I know we do! Today’s low-FODMAP meal is simple, fresh, and delish…the perfect combination for a relaxing summer night at the grill. Are you ready? Because it’s time to start planning for our grilled shrimp, pineapple, and chips and salsa dinner on your menu!
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- Gallon Ziploc bag
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
The Grilled Marinated Shrimp and Pineapple
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low-FODMAP Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- A pineapple, cut into one-inch cubes
- Add all ingredients except the shrimp and pineapple in a gallon Ziploc bag; seal and shake to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the bag and reseal; toss to coat with the marinade. Place the bag in the fridge to marinate for 20-30 minutes. While the shrimp is marinating, preheat the grill to medium-high heat and cut your pineapple into cubes.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers. On separate skewers, thread the pineapple chunks. Place all of the skewers on the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side (until the shrimp is pink and opaque and the pineapple is cooked to your liking).
Now, what are you waiting for? Get to the grill, y’all! You don’t want to miss this one.