We recently celebrated our 10th anniversary with a lakeside cabin getaway, so of course we took the opportunity to create a new summer dish while we were there! This grilled salmon and vegetable foil packet recipe ended up being a delicious, quick, and easy recipe to enjoy while we vacationed. Another great thing about this one is that it can be altered if you don’t have easy access to a grill – just crank up your oven to 400 degrees and toss the packets in for 27-30 minutes (you’ll know it’s done when the salmon flakes easily and the veggies are tender).
The recipe below makes enough for two people, so plan accordingly for your needs. Also keep in mind that some ingredients (tomatoes, zucchini, butter, etc.) have daily FODMAP limits.
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 2-3 salmon fillets (about a pound total, divided)
- 1/2 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (around 400 degrees – or your oven to 400 degrees if you don’t have access to a grill).
- While the grill/oven is preheating, prepare two 12×16 inch foil squares.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic oil, lemon juice, thyme, and parsley.
- Arrange the salmon and veggies in the center of the foil squares, and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop small dollops of the butter mixture evenly across the salmon and veggies, being sure to place equal proportions on each packet so you don’t overdo on butter amounts for FODMAP limits.
- Fold over the foil to seal each packet, and then place the packets on the grill for 27-30 minutes (until the salmon flakes easily and the veggies are tender).
After that, your packets are ready to serve – easy as can be! Enjoy!