This week’s appetizer is a great one for holiday events and tailgate parties! Who doesn’t love chicken and bacon slathered in BBQ sauce while celebrating, right?
The recipe will make 20-25 BBQ Bacon Bites, so plan accordingly if you need more for your event. Be aware that they also take some time to prepare, so give yourself a little wiggle room when making this dish. The payoff is definitely worth it, though!
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- A cutting board and knife
- Microwave-safe plate (preferably a bacon plate)
- A large nonstick baking sheet (or baking sheet with parchment paper)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 7-9 strips of pork or turkey bacon (be careful that your bacon is gluten-free and isn’t seasoned with high-FODMAP ingredients!)
- 1 package of uncooked chicken breast tenders (usually about three quarters of a pound)
- 1/2 cup Fody Original BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, cut your chicken tenders into bite-size chunks and your bacon strips into halves or thirds (depending on how big your chicken pieces are cut).
- Place your bacon strip pieces on the microwave-safe plate and cook in the microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes, until they are partially cooked but not crisp.
- Wrap each chicken piece in a bacon piece and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake the bacon-wrapped chicken in the oven for 8 minutes; remove from the oven and brush with the Fody BBQ Sauce.
- Place the bacon-wrapped chicken back in the oven for an addition 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink and the bacon is crisp.
Then your BBQ bacon bites are ready to serve. Enjoy, and keep an eye out for additional low-FODMAP holiday appetizer recipes to come in our 2020 series!