Don’t you just love a good, fried shrimp? I know I do – so I decided to make a healthier (baked!), low-FODMAP version a few weeks ago. These little babies turned out PERFECT! Seriously. I could eat them every day. Pair them with a helping of my low-FODMAP cocktail sauce, and you have pure magic on a plate. (It is the Halloween season, after all…)
The recipe below makes enough for 2 people, so plan accordingly if you need to adjust.
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- Several small mixing bowls
- A nonstick baking sheet
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 package of peeled and deveined shrimp (About a pound, and depending on the type, you may need to remove the tails.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (We like the Kroger Traditional gluten-free bread crumbs, but feel free to use what you like as long as they don’t have high-FODMAP ingredients or additives.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat the eggs and garlic oil in one of the small mixing bowls until well combined and set aside.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs in your last small mixing bowl.
- Dip each shrimp evenly in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, and then followed by the bread crumbs.
- Place the coated shrimp on your nonstick baking sheet and bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes, until golden-brown and crispy. You may need to turn once during cooking to ensure even crispiness, although they do fine without turning in our oven.
Like I said, plate these delicious little morsels with a helping of my low-FODMAP cocktail sauce and a side of baked french fries, and you have a yummy meal ready to eat. Enjoy!
One Reply to “Un-Fried Crunchy Shrimp (Low-FODMAP)”
LikeLiked by 1 person