I love some Italian-inspired food about as much as I love some easy cookin’. Today, I’ve combined both to bring you this delicious Italian-dressing chicken recipe with a side of parmesan roasted green beans and tomatoes! And y’all…I never knew green beans could taste so good. These are AMAZING, and I normally like green beans anyway!
This recipe will make enough for two-three people, so plan accordingly if you need more/less (and keep in mind that this would be a very easy dish to multiply for larger groups!).
Utensils/appliances you’ll need:
- A medium-sized glass baking dish with lid
- A loaf pan
- A meat tenderizer and cutting boards
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- A small mixing bowl
The Italian Chicken
Ingredients you’ll need:
- A package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of Live Free Low-FODMAP Italian Dressing
- Place your chicken breast on the cutting board and gently tenderize it with the meat tenderizer, being sure to use the textured side to ensure optimal marinating; repeat the process with all chicken breasts, placing each one in the glass baking dish as you finish tenderizing.
- Pour the Live Free Italian dressing evenly across the chicken breasts. Place the lid on the baking dish and put in your refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour and up to twelve hours.
- When you are ready to bake the chicken, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the plastic lid and cover the baking dish in aluminum foil. Once your oven is at the right temperature, place the chicken in the oven to bake for approximately 35 minutes (until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork) and get to work on the side dish.
The Parmesan Roasted Green Beans and Tomatoes
Ingredients you’ll need:
- A can of green beans
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes (The daily FODMAP limit for cherry tomatoes is 5…keep this in mind as you prep and eat!)
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 teaspoon low-FODMAP Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain the green beans and pour into your small mixing bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes. Pour the oil, Italian seasoning, and salt over the green beans and tomatoes and then toss until coated. Pour into the loaf pan.
- Once your chicken has fifteen minutes of cook time remaining, place the green beans and tomatoes in the oven to cook with the chicken until both dishes are complete.
Once your chicken and veggies are out of the oven, re-drizzle your chicken breasts with the marinade from the pan. Plate the chicken breasts and veggies, and then sprinkle the veggies with Parmesan cheese (keeping the daily FODMAP limits for cheese in mind!).
Then, all you have left to do is enjoy…so do it! ENJOY! 🙂